Interior Wall Paint
AURO wall paints have excellent microporous characteristics, letting walls breathe naturally. They contain no fungicides or chemicals.
- 321 Matt Emulsion our best selling, general purpose domestic emulsion, ideal for living rooms, bedrooms, etc.
- 324 Professional Emulsion a matt finish with EU class 1 certification for abrasion resistance, our choice for for kitchens, bathrooms, and high traffic areas e.g. hallways, commercial applications.
- 320 Economy Emulsion is great to use as a 'mist coat' (priming coat) on new plaster, or for freshening up ceilings and walls if you're on a tight budget (not so great for obliterating over strong colours).
- 326 Chalk Paint is a basic white paint, similar to a limewash, great for brightening up damp basements as it is highly breathable.
- AURO 328 Airfresh Paint is proven to reduce odours and pollutants such as formaldehyde.
- AURO 327 Anti-Mould Paint which is a proven preventative against mould growth.
As colours can vary on digital screens we recommend you take a colourchart and ideally order tester pots to ensure satisfaction.
Painting over lime plaster?
Then stick with a lime based paint - these are AURO 344 (High-grade lime paint); AURO 327 (Anti-Mould Paint); AURO 328 (Airfresh Paint); - AURO 326 Chalk Paint is also an option.
Painting on to new gypsum plaster or a skim coat?
Although AURO wall & ceiling paints are breathable and will allow moisture to pass out it is best practice to allow the plaster to dry thoroughly then be sure to either apply a plaster primer (such as AURO 301) or a mist coat - applying undiluted paint directly onto unprimed plaster leaves the paint prone to having the moisture 'sucked' out of it by the plaster and causing a potentially dry, flaky finish.
Painting a kitchen or bathroom?
We recommend the AURO 324 (Professional emulsion) as it offers the greatest durability in a humid environment although the AURO 327 Anti -Mould paint is also a popular choice for UK bathrooms - both products are breathable.